ORA-00600 on bitmap index creation

From: Ollie Kvalvaag <kvalvaag_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 07:16:11 -0400

Hi everyone,

I got the pesky ORA-00600 on trying to create a bitmap index, when looking at the dumpfile it appears that everything goes fine till it hits a certain row. From what I can understand it finds all rows up to "rowno 312" , then the pointer, or whatever it is, changes character and reads '-1'.

I use an identical create statement on other columns in other tables and it does its job.

Two questions:

  1. What is the connection between row number and rowid; I want to be able to look at this "rowno 313" and see if I can't just recreate it.
  2. what is the best way to run an integrety check on a production table.

Thanx in advance.

Ollie Kvalvaag

okvalvaag_at_cteesi.com

--