Re: NLS PARAMETERS

From: Kathinka Diehl <kathinka_at_rrr.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:52:00 +0200

RMM <bufalini_at_rmm.fr> wrote

> NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET
> US7ASCII
>
> It seems that the NLS_CHARACTERSET and NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET is wrong
> for french.

Yes, it is. You have to use WE8ISO8859P1.

> How can I change that ? I've read on the Oracle website that
> is kind of risky for changing that...

Of cause there ist a kind of risk. If you change Characterset, you could loose information if it isn't compatible. Try it first in an small test-database with just a little selection of your data. I'm not sure, but I think, it's no problem to change from US7ASCII oder WE8ISO.

Best regards
Kathinka Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 05:52:00 CDT