Unable to start the Application Server Service

From: George Wilson Mathias <george.mathias_at_wcom.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 19:43:44 GMT

Hello All,

I am kinda new to this Oracle Application Server software. I just installed a OAS4.0.7 on my NT machine. Everything went fine. When I tried to run the sample application I keep getting the Error message saying :

    Can not service this request, please try again later

And when I tried to start the "OracleStartOAS 4.0(OraHomeForOAS,website40)" in services(in control panel) I got the following error:

Could not start the OracleStartOAS 4.0(OraHomeForOAS,website40) service on \\machine name
Error 2186: The service is not responding to the control function.

Can you please tell me what went wrong ?

George Mathias Received on Sun Oct 17 1999 - 14:43:44 CDT