Re: Copying Long RAW

From: Mike Philippens <mphilipp_at_oracle-home.com>
Date: 16 Oct 1999 09:00:36 GMT

Jill wrote:
> I need to insert some rows into a table, selecting from another table
> through a dblink. I am unable to due to a long raw column. I cannot get
> the SQL*Plus copy command to work either. Is their a way, other than an
> export/import?

Yes there is, but you're not going to like this... Since it is a raw column, I expect it to contain binary data. If you don't want to use export/import, you'l have to write some program (C for instance) to read the data and write it to a file, and than read that back into the other database. This is like writing your own version of export/import. Long columns always have been a pain in the backside. If it is only charachter data, you can get away with it in plain SQL. But raw is a bit more complex.
If there are other ways to do this, it is always some kind of export/import construction.