Re: Oracle Win95 client talking ODBC to Oracle NT4 server

From: <perfect_golf_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 00:53:07 GMT

In article <ELHN3.3579$7G2.18680_at_news1.online.no>,   "skippy" <simon_at_rmg.as> wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> Today I tried to install Oracle 7.3.3 client on a WIN95 machine, so
it could
> access the Oracle 7.3.3 server that sits on WinNT4 service pack 5.
>
> I can access the server and the associated tables via SQL plus, but I
cannot
> use the ORACLE TEST ODBC program to connect - it gives the follwoing
error
> (related to ODBC from what I can see).
>
> ==============

Did you configure the ODBC Data Source to point to the appropriate Oracle Database in question? Note: SQL*Plus does not use ODBC to connect to the Oracle Database. Its uses a direct connection thru SQL*NET.
> SQLState: IM003
> Native Error Code:160
> Driver Message:Specified driver could not be loaded due to system
error 1157
> (Oracle 73)
> ===================
>
> Does anyway know a solution for this. We use an ODBC connection to
connect
> to the data. Note, our CTL3D32.dll was overwritten by the Oracle
client
> install on the WIN95 machine, but I found a copy on the web that
corrected
> this problem.
>
> I look forward to any advise.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon
> mailto: simon_at_rmg.as
> http://www.rmg.as/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 19:53:07 CDT