Oracle JDBC Drivers and OCI

From: <tmurrayiii_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:16:50 GMT

Hi,

I am currently running ORACLE 8.1.5. After speaking with oracle support, I was told that the Oracle 8.1.6SDK JDBC Drivers for use with JDK 1.2 would work with oracle 8.1.5. The thin client driver works just fine, but the OCI driver does not work. When I run an Oracle sample oci java program, I get the following error:

# java Employee
  java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: make_c_state

          at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(Compiled Code)  at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(Compiled Code)

         at
  oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(Compiled Code)

         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(Compiled Code)
         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
         at Employee.main(Compiled Code)

Has anyone had any luck with the 8.1.6SDK OCI driver using a 8.1.5 oracle DB? I would not mind upgrading to 8.1.6, but ORACLE said this release is not available yet. If so, then why are the drivers on the ORACLE web site?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 14:16:50 CDT