Re: ORA-04030 During Export

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:30:18 -0700

Hi,

Please check the following:

1]- The rule of thumb is that swap space should be 3 * RAM Is that the case ? you may be running out of swap space though (if some other process(es) has grabbed lots). The way to check is to look at the console (or it's log - /var/log/console), and check for "out of swap space errors".

2]- The ONLY OTHER thing this could be is process ulimits. In the Korn shell, type: ulimit -a
Check the vmemory limit. If it's not unlimited, he needs to think about increasing it (in the UNIX kernel)

3]- The most likely cause of ORA-7324 is the data segment trying to grow into the base of the SGA. Suggested solutions are to relocate the attach address for the SGA. Other suggestions include reducing the sort_area_size and the sort_area_retained_size.

4]- Need to up SHHMAX to well above SGA size.

Best Regards

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"

Eric Fenderbosch <efender_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:7u7bqi$rhj$1_at_nntp5.atl.mindspring.net...
> Executing the following export command in a cron job on a "OSF1 alpha2
V4.0