Re: ORA-12224

From: Tony <tmazur_at_americasm06.nt.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:23:28 -0700

As stated below John check the listener.ora file and see if any typos and remove any DNS and replace them with their IPs.

oracle $oerr ora 12224
12224, 00000, "TNS:no listener"
// *Cause: The connection request could not be completed because the listener

// is not running.
// *Action: Ensure that the supplied destination address matches one of
// the addresses used by the listener - compare the TNSNAMES.ORA entry with

// the appropriate LISTENER.ORA file (or TNSNAV.ORA if the connection is to

// go by way of an Interchange). Start the listener on the remote machine.

Seeya,
Tony
My opinions, not Nortel's.