Using DBMS_PIPE in Visual Basic or Java on Windows NT

From: Aik Khoon <panadol_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 23:23:19 +0800

Hi,

I'm confused about how to use DBMS_PIPE package with regard to my problem. Any feedback if greatly appreciated.

I am thinking of writing a trigger to send some message through this DBMS_PIPE (if possible)
and then some application (either VB or Java) that is listening to this pipe will be informed and
maybe start an executable or some OS events.

Did I misinterpret the use of DBMS_PIPE here? Can someone shows a simple example on this scenario on a window nt environment?

thanks
AK Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 10:23:19 CDT