Cannot startup database due because oracle can't open the controlfile ...

From: Dominic Cribbin <dominic.cribbin_at_cognotecSTOPSPAM.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:57:47 +0100

I am trying to start a database on a SUN Solaris machine (UNIX os), I get the following messages from svrmgrl:

ORA-00210: cannot open the specified controlfile
ORA-00202: controlfile: '/opt/oradata/BILLING/BILLINGcontrol01.ctl'
ORA-27050: function called with invalid FIB/IOV structure
Additional information: 1

note: it will start an Oracle instance ... can anyone help me on this one ... !!! Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 05:57:47 CDT