Re: Changing Column Names

From: Rock <grkpetra_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:43:48 -0700

You can, or will be able to do it, either the current release or the next release of 8i, but from what I've read, it is not as simple as a DROP COLUMN command. I went to a seminar back in May and this was demonstrated. It involves issuing a DROP COLUMN command and then you have to issue another command to compress the table because the DROP COLUMN command does not release the resources that the column was using. Sorry, I don't know the exact syntax off hand...it is at the office...but I thought you'd like to know that it is possible in 8i. Hope this helps.

Rock Lambros
Programmer
Las Vegas Valley Water District