oracle export/import split compressed files

From: rob nye <rob_nye_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:58:42 GMT

When I export data from my database the file is greater than 2GB, so I changed it to be compressed via a unix pipe, the file is still greater than 2GB, so I changed it again to create multiple compressed chunks of 1.8GB. this worked ok.

BUT when i came tom import the split compressed files I received IMP 0008 error message which implies that the export file is corrupted.

The scripts I used were posted on the web, but dont apper to work for me.

Can any one help, do you have scripts that do the job properly.

It is a V7.3.4 Oracle database running under Unixware 2.1.3.

Many Thanks in advance

Rob