Re: Create User and Default Table

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:25:55 GMT

You probably should look into creating synonyms. Public synonyms affect everybody, private ones affect the user who created them. Log in as user b, and issue this:

        create synonym table for usera.table

Now, as long as user b does not also happen to have a table of the same name, he will be able to do:

        select * from table;

and it will work.

To create a public synonym, so that everyone can use table, log on as SYSTEM, and create the synonym like this:

        create public synonym table for usera.table

Since the PUBLIC keyword was used, the synonym will be usable by everyone.

Note that synonyms do not confer access. You still need to do the grants for that.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are