Re: Extent Failure

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:00:24 +0200

Your script is correct, though I would probably have used an inline view. Anyway, what tablespace manager does (at least in 7.3) it simply list the total amount of free space. This may be scattered in many extents. As you need a contiguous extent, you should rely on your statement. The performance pack of OEM comes with pre-defined events to 'warn' you, ie page you or e-mail you.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA