Re: Sqlloader and Cron

From: <jlshaw_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:39:07 GMT

In article <37FA41F7.CB55B31F_at_sdsc.edu>,   Bill West <bwest_at_sdsc.edu> wrote:
> I have had a significant problem over the past
year using sqlloader and
> scheduling utilities like crontab on a unix
platform and AT on the NT
> platform. While it works reliabably for me from
the command line my goal
> is to use it to tranfer data overnight without
operator intervention.
> Running sqlldr as a cron job or an AT job
produce very unreliable
> results and these results are unacceptable for
my application. Can
> anyone suggest a third party bulk uploading
utility tool of sufficient
> quality that can be run with other services? If
not is there a location
> for documentation on the sqlloader utility? I
haven't found much on the
> Oracle web site.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Bill West

I'm getting ready to try the same thing. What kind of unreliable results are you getting with sqlldr and cron?

Jarred Shaw
jshaw_at_seqtek.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 14 1999 - 13:39:07 CDT