Re: Upgrade from Version 6 to 8: help needed urgently!

From: Yosi Greenfield <ygreenfield_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:19:26 -0400

The upgrade from 7 to 8 is not bad. But first you have to go from 6 to 7. And THAT, is a bear.

There's a whole migration book for 6 to 7, and most of it is necessary steps to go through. For example, the char datatype became varchar2. You've got to check all your apps. Etc...

I did 6 to 7 once (and I've done 7 to 8 many many times). Read the book and good luck.

Yosi