Oracle7 on WinNT - shutdown?

From: K.Spiller <k.spiller_at_deutschepost.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:24:53 +0200

Hi!
I recently noticed, my Oracle (on WinNT) is doing a crash recovery after each reboot, so I wonder how to tell NT to shutdown the database smoothely. I'm used to different UNIXes and they all seem somehow similiar in some way, but NT looks totally different to me. What the heck is this 'Service Manager' doing, when I tell him to stop the Oracle Services?

So anybody can give me a rough explanation how to set up an automatic shutdown process for my DB? (I'm still wondering why that Oracle instance manager isn't able to install something like that anyway).

Thanks for any hints,
Kathrin Spiller

SerCon GmbH
z.Zt. Zentrales Rechenzentrum (ZRZ),
Internet/Intranet-Administration der DPAG Received on Thu Oct 14 1999 - 02:24:53 CDT