Executing a job until it successfully completes..

From: George Lin <lin_at_openix.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:17:00 -0400

Hello all,

I have been given the task of developing a procedure that will keep rescheduling itself until it successfully completes. According to Oracle 8.i Doc.
if a job terminates due to some kind of Oracle Error, it wil try to restart itself every minute after the failure up to 16 times. What kind of failures does this include? Is this true in 7.3 also?

What would be a good strategy to accomplish this in all versions of Oracle?
Can I resubmit a job from within the job itself while it is still running if I detect some kind
problem?

Thanks,

Tansel Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 19:17:00 CDT