Re: ORA-1410 Invalid Rowid Error

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 22:28:01 GMT

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:12:06 GMT, miaemp_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>We are receiving this error on one of our production jobs and it is
>producing the above named Oracle Error. The job only access a couple
>of tables. With this error, I am assuming that there could possibly be
>some corruption in one of the tables or indexes. We rebuilt all of the
>indexes but it did not help. I performed a select count(*) on the
>tables and it returned normally. I also performed a 'Analyze table
>.... validate structure cascade'. The analyze came back normally.
>Should I be looking at a v$table in conjunction with the Analyze? Or,
>does anyone have any ideas as how I should proceed.

How does your job access the tables? Does it possibly access them by explicit ROWIDs? If so, you will get ORA-01410 if you reference a row by rowid that does not belong to the referenced table. For example:

You select ROWID of a record from DEPT table. Then you select a record from EMP where rowid = previously_selected_rowid => you'll get ORA-1410. Similarly, the following select will result in ORA-1440:   SELECT FROM table1 WHERE rowid IN (SELECT rowid FROM table2);

>TIA
>Eric Peterson, DBA
>Maurices Inc.
>eric_peterson_at_maurices.inrg.com*******NOSPAMMERS*******

Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 17:28:01 CDT