Re: Instance Monitor - Any Good?

From: Ron Vissers <rvissers_at_qtiworld._N0_SP4M_.com>
Date: 13 Oct 1999 15:57:23 -0600

We use it here off/on.

For the most part we're pretty tuned up these days though.

Overall, it keeps you posed on whats going on. It picks up peaks. It may be alarmed for a bit, but its the ones that are consistent that I'd look into.

Its very effective at telling you who's up to what though when load goes ballistic for some reason. You can quickly pin point who is soaking your system and why. (Accountants? <wink> wink) ;)

I'd pose that exact question of yours to them. They've been very helpful with any of my inquries.

Between IM and space manager, I think its pretty competitively priced compared to oracle's performance pack which is good, but pricy!.

Ron

In article <7u2ba3$tmb$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, hughjanus_at_my-deja.com says...