Re: Having a fast way to drop a 10G bytes tablespace ?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:04:42 +0800

jan1_hk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you know which is a fast way to drop a 10G bytes tablespace in Oracle
> 7.3.3?
>
> I had tried to execute "drop tablespace ... including content " command to
> do this, however, the job was terminated after it ran around an hours. The
> system reports ".....rollback segment ....problem " (I cannot remember the
> full statement of the error message).
>
> The command is a DDL statement, how come it plays with rollback segment ?
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks.

Make sure the tablespace is empty

spool dropall.sql
select 'drop '||segment_type||' '||segment_name||';' from dba_segments
where tablespace_name = 'XXX';
spool off
@dropall

and then use drop (without including contents)

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 08:04:42 CDT