Re: Value of OCP DBA Certification?

From: Ron Loxton <ronloxton_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:27:38 GMT

Probably a waste of money unless you do it for yourself.

        As a Senior DBA, I have interviewed several OCP's and found that without real world experience (3-5 years), all the certificate proves is that you can pass a test.

        I have seen on here in Canada that costs $15,000 and you write the test as soon as the course is done. It doesn't prove a thing to me.

Ron Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 13:27:38 CDT