Oracle interMedia as a Web Search Solution?

From: <mlecza_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:24:41 GMT

Has any one used Oracle interMedia as a search engine for a website?

We started playing around with it. I loaded up a table with 15,000 records and started messing with queries - It performed great until I started adding ORDER BY to the query.

My fear is that is will just not be fast enough to handle hundreds of thousands of items with the performace we are looking for.

I am having trouble finding any kind of reviews (other than Oracle's reviews) on the product.

FYI - We have Oracle 8i runing on a Sun Ultra 10 with 500MB RAM

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 12:24:41 CDT