runInstaller error, 8.1.5, Solaris 2.6

From: <chrisoc_at_ans.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:55:11 GMT

I'm running the runInstall program as user "oracle" with primary group "oinstall", additional group "dba".

I keep getting an errormsg: unixGetCurrentGroupOfUser and I have to press on using a default that I guess the underlying script provides.

I have /usr/local/gnu/bin in my path ahead of /usr/ccs/bin and was thinking maybe the Gnu "groups" command was getting exec'ed with poor results. Removing from my path caused the whole "make install" to fail though.

Anyone else have this problem?

Here is the tail of the installActions.log showing the call that returns a null value, and showing also that the getGroups() call returned good values just before it.

I'd love to see that part of the log from some installation that did NOT get the error, to see what it is looking for.

Thanks,

Chris O'Connor

Setting value of sl_sidsAndHomesDetected to Calling query unixQueries1.6.0.2.1 getGroups Query returned : oinstall,dba,
Calling query unixQueries1.6.0.2.1 getCurrentGroupOfUser

Query Exception: GetCurrentGroupException Query Exception Class: class oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilQueryException

Setting value of b_promptForGroups to false

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 11:55:11 CDT