Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: Anyone has experience using OAS building Web applications ? PROBLEM: Web client session - retaining values during session life.

Re: Anyone has experience using OAS building Web applications ? PROBLEM: Web client session - retaining values during session life.

From: sysdba <sysdba_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:59:35 +0200

You will need to set a transaction on your DAD, and this is the way to run a transaction, and set
global variable, doing rollback etc.
otherwise, each call to the web server will count as a single transaction, and wont go on,
meaning u ask for a url, web server will give it to u and close the transaction.
when u hit reload - its a new transaction, and oracle web server dont know that its "you again".

Please refere to Oracle web server manual and find out about using transaction with your cartridge.

--
Asaf Shoval
Oracle Israel Support Center

keso <keso_at_hep.tel.fer.hr> wrote in message news:7tvh0m$4vt$1_at_bagan.srce.hr...
> Seems like nobody knows, but i'll still ask ...
>
> What solution should i implement for session variables (Web browser
session,
> not oracle session) - variables that retain their values during client
> session ?
> (I don't want to use cookies)
>
> I wrote simple test procedure:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE package test as
> nCount number;
> procedure session_test;
> end;
> /
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE package body test as
>
> procedure session_test is
> begin
> htp.p('old value of counter: ' || TO_CHAR(nCount));
> htp.para;
> nCount := NVL(nCount, 0) + 1;
> htp.p('increased counter value: ' || TO_CHAR(nCount));
> end;
>
> end;
> /
>
> Procedure 'session_test' should increase counter each time it is called by
> URL and write the old and new values.
> But it yields always the SAME value!! :(, no matter how many times i call
it
> again by REFRESH button on my browser!!!
>
> Browser response:
>
> old value of counter: <- nothing because of null value
> increased counter value: 1

> I set 'Client Sessions' to 'Enabled' (one of Web parameters of my OAS
PL/SQL