Re: Port number setting to use w/ jdbc8.1.6 thin driver?

From: Thomas Malmberg <thomas.malmberg_at_terranova.fi>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 06:27:40 -0400

Inquisitor wrote:
> I'm attempting to open up a connection using jdbc w/ the Oracle 8.16
> thin driver, and am currently receiving
>
> "The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"

String ORACLE_servicename;
String ORACLE_username;
String ORACLE_password;

Connection conn;
ORACLE_servicename  = db.server.com:1521:sidx
ORACLE_username     = usrnm
ORACLE_password     = pwd

conn = DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:oracle:thin:@" + ORACLE_servicename ,ORACLE_username, ORACLE_password); Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 05:27:40 CDT