PMON is not removing killed/inactive processes .. is there a way to kick it into action?

From: [SLH]Silentbob <bob_at_silent.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:00:47 GMT

The number of processes on one of my servers keeps increasing daily until it hits the limit (200) and then ofcourse I get the no available processes error and have to reboot it :-( I believe PMON _should_ be removing the large number of inactive processes regularily, but it's not. I have also killed a few about a day ago to see if it would remove them and unlock some of the tables that they were tying up, but it hasn't. There are no errors in the ALRT.log and PMON starts normaly every time the DB is brought up. There are not usually more than 15-20 active processes at any one time.. but the number of inactive ones grows by about 10 a day :-(

Does anyone have any suggestions?

7.3.3 BTW. [SLH]Silentbob
--
'Think of them as little horses'