RMAN - what is the .f file ??

From: Neil C <btsscrth_at_bt.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:44:45 +0100

Hi,

I am just starting to get to grips with RMAN. When I do a full backup to disk, I get two files generated.
One has the format that I specified in the format string, but there is another file created that has the format snapcf_<sid>.f

What is this second file ? What is it used for ? Can I delete it ?

Thanks a lot

NeilC Received on Wed Oct 13 1999 - 03:44:45 CDT