bde configuration

From: Sebastian Degenaar <degenaar_at_adlink.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:22:35 +1000

I am using Oracle 8i on Win NT with BDE 5.10 I am having some strange problems trying to configure the BDE to access oracle. I have created a database alias using using sql link ie ORACLE and another with ODBC, using the oracle odbc driver. My problem is that when I try to access the sql links one I get an ORA-01041:internal error. hostdef extension doesnt exist. However if I acces the database alias using ODBC it works fine. The strange thing is that when I try the

first alias again, it works. This happens everytime.

Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 20:22:35 CDT