Re: Intelligent Agent Help

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 21:15:43 GMT

I got this same error message, and after spending 25 minutes on-line with Oracle support, I found the solution on the Oracle8 documentation CD. Check the file permissions on the
$ORACLE_HOME/network/agent/library/pkgIndex.tcl file. Mine was owned by root, and once I changed it to Oracle, all was fine.

HTH,
Roy

In article <7tvhpj$n2l$1_at_aladin.taide.net>,   "Avram Cristian" <avram_at_cj.necomm.ro> wrote:
> I have the same problem. I also get an error NMS-00315 (cannot create
> package). I need urgent help too. Please advice me!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cristian Avram
>
> Pat Minnis wrote in message ...
> >Isn't it still:
> >
> >lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
> >
> >Garsen Subramoney wrote in message

<7tkj2l$egt$1_at_nnrp01.ops.uunet.co.za>...
> >>Hi
> >>
> >>I need help with the intelligent agent for Oracle 8.0.5
> >>
> >>The listener starts up the fine. When i key in dbsnmp_start there is
no
> >>error messages sent back to me, however when i do a status check on
the
> >>dbsnmp i get the message "The db subagent is not started".
> >>
> >>I need to get the intelligent agent to work so that i can install
and make
> >>use of Oracles OEM and tuning packs.
> >>
> >>Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 16:15:43 CDT