Re: Update a table in another schema through a trigger

From: PaulCinVT <paulcinvt_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Oct 1999 20:21:24 GMT

In article <37F202E9.47A40B26_at_bellesystems.com>, Brian Rasmusson <br_at_bellesystems.com> writes:

>> I would like to update a table in another schema in the same database. This
>> should be done through a trigger on Insert or Update. How do I address the
>> table in the other schema?

><value>, for example UPDATE user1.table1 SET column1=1;

It would be safer to create synonyms for this <schema name>.<table name> because then you just have to drop and recreate synonyms when someone decides the schema name must be changed, instead of having to recompile all of your triggers and procedures...

Paul in VT Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 15:21:24 CDT