Re: Oracle 8i EE ON Linux

From: Kevin O'Gorman <kevin_at_ayuda.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:28:52 -0700

Two things: I have been unable to make Oracle run on Caldera 2.2 or 2.3, in spite
of their insisting that it does. However, the Caldera instructions do work for
installing on a fresh RedHat 6.0 that I have dual-booted on the same machine.

One gotcha: neither one would work with jre 116v5; I had to go to 117v3 even though the docs indicate otherwise. That got it running; now I'm into a whole
slew of other problems, but at least I have a database.

--
Kevin O'Gorman (805) 650-6274 kevin_at_ayuda.com At school: kogorman_at_cs.ucsb.edu
Permanent e-mail forwarder: Kevin.O'Gorman.64_at_Alum.Dartmouth.org Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 14:28:52 CDT