Re: Simple query tools

From: <eric_peterson_at_maurices.inrg.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:06:07 GMT

I'm not a Microsoft fan, but, have you tried using MS Access? If you want to use it, I have used it as well as SQL Worksheet. In Access, I believe you go to Data->Get External Data and then you specify the Data Source. Once you get your data sources set up it, it's pretty slick.

Tx
Eric Peterson
Programmer/Analyst DBA
Maurices Inc.
eric_peterson_at_maurices.inrg.com****NOSPAMMERS

In article <7tqle1$d4s$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Vikas Agnihotri <vikasa_at_writeme.com> wrote:
> Where can I find a GUI SQL query tool for Windows? Easy to construct
> multi table joins, query builder, automatic join pre-population based
on
> PK/FK columns, indexes, etc?
>
> Also, a simple forms based input area where I can input literal values
> of columns. i.e. where column='constant'.
>
> Usual stuff really, instead of mucking around with SQL*Plus, its
idiotic
> editing capabilities, command line recall, etc.
>
> SQL*Plus really sucks in these areas. Heck, what *is* it good for,
other
> than command-line junkies (myself included!)! ;)
>
> Preferably free/shareware, of course! :)
>
> Thanks,
> Vikas
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 13:06:07 CDT