JOB: DB Designer/Developer/Admin - Oracle Database - Palo Alto, CA

From: Ross Koningstein <ross_at_bluedog.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:38:08 -0700

Bluedog is a stealth-mode E-commerce startup located near Stanford University in Silicon Valley. We are growing to achieve our goals, but to make it work, we need great people.

We ask you: would you like your work to be used by huge numbers of people? Does working with other smart, creative people motivate you? Do you enjoy working on neat cutting edge Internet and distributed software technology? Do you like to contribute and see your ideas and efforts visible in a real product?

Database Developer/Administrator

Do you know Oracle database servers really really well? You will be responsible for database server setup, content staging (where necessary), core queries, server tuning, backup procedures, reporting, and helping us grow our database serving capability from thousands to millions of Internet users. Contribute and learn performance and scaling techniques and technologies to help us achieve these goals. You will have the opportunity to influence our server platform, our reliability and fault-tolerance strategies, and the database server growth and evolution path. If you join now, you can influence our schema design as well..

Requirements:
- Intimate knowledge of Oracle RDBMS internals, tuning and performance
optimizations, and product line
- Strong team player and self-starter

Bonus Points: Familiarity with Internet-scale databases performing millions of transactions per day.

(jobs_at_bluedog.com)

http://www.bluedog.com/jobs/openings_software_admin.htm

begin 666 Bluedog Job Openings.url
M6T1%1D%53%1=#0I"05-%55),/6AT=' Z+R]W=W<N8FQU961O9RYC;VTO:F]B M<R]O<&5N:6YG<U]S;V9T=V%R95]A9&UI;BYH=&T-"@T*6TEN=&5R;F5T4VAO M<G1C=71=#0I54DP]:'1T<#HO+W=W=RYB;'5E9&]G+F-O;2]J;V)S+V]P96YI M;F=S7W-O9G1W87)E7V%D;6EN+FAT;0T*36]D:69I960]-#!!-D$W,$9$.#$T (0D8P,30X#0H`
`
end Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 12:38:08 CDT