Re: updateable views !?!?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:37:18 +0800

Russell Davis wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why updateable views are a desirable feature in Oracle8?
> Seems idiosyncratic and fraught with unnecessary complexity. Am I being too
> conservative in embracing this feature?

They can be great for horizontal partitioning based on some security criteria...

You join to a security table so that people can only see their own data - but you can still update even though its a join...

Sweet !
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 05:37:18 CDT