oracle recovery problem

From: <wwwebmaster_at_vt.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:32:48 GMT

I seem to alway run into fun stuff with a dbase recovery. I've done a point in time recovery, and was at the point where I re-open the database with the original data files (as opposed to the ones restored from tape)
so that I could import the corrected tables from the point-in-time recovery and upon trying to restart the database I get: ORA-01190: control file or data file 1 is from before the last RESETLOGS
ORA-01110: data file 1: '/usr/data/systtest.dbf' Now I've tried to put the old datafiles (from tape) back so that I can re-do the point-in-time recovery again and I get the same error... I've only been copying data files... never touched the control files. Any advice? TIA!!
Oh, guess this may help: Oracle 7.3.2.1.0, Solaris 7 -Jeremy Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 07:32:48 CDT