Re: --==CELERON 466Mhz ONLY $1.95 -- it's real, it's work===---

From: Terje Krogdahl <tekr_at_online.no>
Date: 12 Oct 1999 14:27:40 +0200

"Arvin Meyer" <a_at_m.com> writes:

> Allright, we know this is spam. But how did this joker force my browser to
> open at the page below?

The evil kid assumed that you were using a webbrowser with javascript support to read news, and posted his message as both text/plain and text/html. Your browser selected HTML, parsed the html code, and as it came across this line:

<BODY onload="window.open('http://www.gamma-ent.com/pc/index.html','RemoteWindow')">

it popped up a new window with the website in it. Both Netscape and IE has a history of serious javascript related bugs, so you'd be better off without javascript. What this really shows is one of the many good reasons not to allow HTML in news postings.

My ISPs newsserver will not accept html, neither in posting nor incoming feeds. I like that.

--
Terje Krogdahl Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 07:27:40 CDT