HP and oracle and informix

From: Wim Derweduwe <kalimero_at_ace.ulyssis.student.kuleuven.ac.be>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:34:13 +0200

Folks,

I have a very complicated question.

I got the following parameters from someone who told me this would boost performance.

The platform is an HP unix system . It are parameters for VXFS (JFS). The idea behingd is that Oracle does enough check , so filesystems check during writing on the filesystem where the data is located physsically can be turned off.

The parameters are:
nodatainlog
nolog
mincache=tmpcache
convosync=delay

What I want to know what are the risks and is it only possible with oracle or also for informix.

Wim Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 08:34:13 CDT