How To share a database betwen 2 Oracle Servers ?

From: Comasis Consultores <comasis-consultores_at_igatel.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:49:15 +0200

Hi

    I have a couple of clusters (server_1 & server_2) and R6000 with a floating HD (said z: drive)
and when server_1 (initially its the only that have z: drive) goes down automatically server_2 caught
the z: drive.
I want to install Oracle 8.0.5 (Not Enterprise) on server_1 but if server_1 goes down I want server_2 to continue with database. I think on install 2 Oracle servers (on server_1 and server_2) and start services at hand on server_2 when
server_1 goes down (It take couple of hours to goes up).

What can I do ????
Is this viable ????
Thanks

Victor Fariņa Infante
comasis-consultores_at_igatel.net Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 11:49:15 CDT