Table Constraints

From: Frederic DEBRUS <frederic.debrus_at_ces-cdr.be>
Date: 11 Oct 1999 13:26:02 GMT

Hi,

        Due to an over night long running jobs, I would like to disable constraints to speed up the update

What I do is :

        alter table <table_name> disable constraint <constraint_name>;

then after the update

	alter table <table_name> enable constraint <constraint_name>
	using index tablespace <index_tablespace>
	storage ( initial 80K
	next 80K
	minextents 1
	maxextents 121
	pctincrease 0 );

it's working fine but I worder if there is any possibility of NOT specifying the STORAGE clause, means
the storage clause was defined at constraint creation and when doing an disable/enable why can't it just keep the values used before the disable ? Why is the associated index DROPPED when you disable a constraint ?
Is there anyway to keep it like something like "reuse storage" or ???

Any help will be apprecited
Thanks,
Fred. Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 08:26:02 CDT