Performance Issue

From: Tapan Trivedi <tapan.trivedi_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:50:59 -0500

Hi Guys,
 I have a client who is screaming of a performance problem associated with a particular functionality. All the tables for that functionality are in a single tablespace. All the indexes in a different tablespace. All the tables for that functionality look ok except for one ESDATA. This is the main table which is the most used which has a next extent of close to 50m. The average next extent for all the objects is around 2m. Is there something I can do towards this. The table has around 5.7 million rows and about 19000 chained rows. What can I do about the same ? I am concerned as this is a replicated environment and anything that I do has to go over to the next side. Any suggestions,comments,experiences are welcome.

				Thank you.
						Tapan H Trivedi

SQL> select
SEGMENT_NAME,BYTES,EXTENTS,INITIAL_EXTENT,NEXT_EXTENT,MIN_EXTENTS   2 from dba_segments where extents > 20;

SEGMENT_NAME BYTES EXTENTS INITIAL_EXTENT NEXT_EXTENT MIN_EXTENTS

EVTAUG                 75581440         37          10240
2097152                                                  1
ESDATA                195174400         69        2097152
52428800                                                  1
EVTMSG                100771840         49          10240
2099200                                                  1