Re: sequence as primary key

From: Didier LENQUETTE <didier.lenquette_at_steria.fr>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:44:37 GMT

Michael Mehling <m.mehling_at_atos-group.de> a écrit dans le message : 7tsojb$97i$1_at_news.pop-stuttgart.de...
> sequence number as primary key vs. logical primary key
>
> What are the pro's and con's of using a unique sequence number as primary
> key (like Oracle recommands)?

You don't have to compute any SQL or nothing to code (Thing on concurrent access ....)
But, my recommendation is to create a package that deliver you the sequence because with changing the PL/SQL you can change the sequence generation, and then include some particular code !

> What are the pro's and con's of using a primary key using 2 or more
> data-columns of a table
>
> M. Mehling

Try to make an outer join with a composed PK !

A+ Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 08:44:37 CDT