Taking a full Backup of Oracle Database

From: Dominic Cribbin <dominic.cribbin_at_cognotecSTOPSPAM.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:00:32 +0100

Hi All,

I am new to Oracle, coming from a SQL Server backround. I currently have Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.0.4 and Oracle8i Enterprise Edition for Windows NT 8.1.5 installed. I would like to take a full/complete backup of a database because I want to delete this DB from one machine and create it again from backup onto another machine.

Can anyone out there inform what would be the best method or Oracle tool to use so that I can be confident the I got everything related to that database.

Also is there a backup facility with Oracle Enterprise Manager, if so is it reliable ? And also does anyone know where I could get online documentation about the Enterprise Manager.

I would appreciate it very much if anyone out there can help with any of the above problems.

Regards

Dominic Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 04:00:32 CDT