Question on rollback

From: Norazman Abu Sahir <norazman_at_ti.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:45:53 +0800

Hi,

I have 2 procedures, one calling another. What I tried to do is a cenario is like this.
First procedure called, insert some record into a table.Transaction is not yet commit. Then there is a savepoint. Second procedure was called from first procedure to perform some other logic. Depending on second procedure, if the logic passed, second procedure will do commit on the first procedure and if not it will rollback to the savepoint stated on the first procedure.

I don't want to consider doing this in one procedure (using whatever programming control ie if else etc), is this scenarion "can be done?" Can this be implement ? If yes, what are the practice you normally use?. Sorry, I'm new in Oracle, need to understand it.

Azman Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 01:45:53 CDT