Re: Sending mail from a SP

From: Ole Christian Meldahl <konocm_at_statoil.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:36:23 +0200

Xuequn Xu wrote:

> If you went through Oracle's PL/SQL training material, it says that there
> is a package called DBMS_MAIL. But I cannot find it... (I happened to have
> the same question as you do).
>
> Robert Xu

DBMS_MAIL send mail via Oracle*Office. A pure PL/SQL solution requires use of sendmail or eqv. from the outside of database.

You can do this:
Create files containing emails using DBMS_FILE. Have a cron-job check a given directory and send the files at a given interval.

DejaNews has a bunch of articles on this.

ole c Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 02:36:23 CDT