Using DBMS_SYSTEM calls to access Reports

From: Andrew Cooper <alcooper_at_deakin.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:07:58 +1000

Hi,

I am currently involved in a project which required that a stored procedure call a report (Rep 2.5). The contractors developing this for me have decided that they can use a dbms_system call to access the report.

Does anyone out there know how this can be achieved.

Is it possible to use and external procedure to access this report. I am trying to avoid passing the username and password over the network.

We are currently using Oracle 8.0.4.0.0 but will be upgrading to 8.0.5.1.0 very shortly. Another problem we face is that out production environment already has a reports 3 installation, which prevents us from installing reports 2.5.
I would be greatful for any suggestions and or links to information on this subject.

My Email is: alcooper_at_deakin.edu.au

Regards,

Andrew. Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 23:07:58 CDT