Re: Quick question for DBA

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:42:38 -0400

The above answers are right, but things can get a little more complicated. A user can have various rights granted directly, or through having roles. He'll also have those rights which have been granted to public. Since roles and privileges can be granted to other roles, you have to drill down to the bottom role to find out all the rights your user has. I've been writing a set of scripts for this recently, so email me in a month if you want a copy (real work takes priority).

Van