Re: Multiple instances question.

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:39:03 -0400

I'm not sure what you exact question is. Netware works very much like NT. You can copy and move files, edit tnsnames and listener.ora and initsid.ora files by hand etc. To work with the listener or server manager type at the netware prompt:
load lsnrctl
or
load svrmgr (or maybe load svrmgrl depending on your version.)

In version 8.0.3 Oracle provides a database creation assistant which do most of the grunt work for you. You can create five basic tablespaces, get your database up and running, then add the other tablespaces you need when you are done. Then you can run a migration assistant or just export import.

Van