Re: Sqlplus login fails

From: <tkvlvk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:37:44 GMT

Hi Martin,
Thank you for reply.
The connection is a PPP link ( I am dialing to remote host and getting connection) and server is assigning the port nos. Pl. give me some clarification about changes to be made to get a accessble port nos. from server
VK
In article <37FFD550.9E873EAC_at_0800-einwahl.de>,   Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de wrote:
> I guess that you have problems with the port number 32893 that are
> assigned by listener. This number is generated by the listener for the
> connection between your client program and your db server process.
>
> Maybe you ask your dial-in provider if she/he prohibited use of these
> tcp high port numbers. I heard that some providers only open well-
known
> port numbers.
>
> Martin
>
> tkvlvk_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for the corrections, but after doing this also problem not
> > solved.
> >
> > The "listener.log" in server looks like
> > 04-OCT-99 10:06:35 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=c1)(CID=(PROGRAM=)
(HOST=<name>)
> > (USER=oracle8))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=<ip add>)
(PORT=32893))
> > * establish * c1 * 0
> >
> > The "sqlnet.log" file on client (my machine) is like
> > VERSION INFORMATION:
> > TNS for Solaris: Version 8.0.4.0.0 - Production
> > Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Solaris: Version
> > 8.0.4.0.0 - Pro
> > duction
> > Time: 04-OCT-99 10:10:52
> > Tracing not turned on.
> > Tns error struct:
> > nr err code: 12206
> > TNS-12206: TNS:received a TNS error during navigation
> >
> > Please suggest me something about this error. And the correction
> > suggested in tnsnames.ora to be done at server or client?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > In article <azKJ3.8978$xJ4.430775_at_newscontent-01.sprint.ca>,
> > "Mark Malakanov" <markmal_at_sprint.ca> wrote:
> > > Ensure TNS names.
> > >
> > > sqlnet.ora
> > > names.default_domain = world
> > > name.default_zone = world
> > >
> > > tnsnames.ora
> > > MyAlias.world = (DESCRIPTION =
> > >
> > > There must be word ".WORLD". Or other name, of course.
> > >
> > > Mark Malakanov
> > > DBA
> > > Sapience, Toronto
> > >
> > > <tkvlvk_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > (oracle8)
> > machines.
> > <inst>".
> > login?

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 09:37:44 CDT