Re: updateable views !?!?

From: a1 <thor_at_echidna.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 22:26:06 GMT

Every feature has a use, although some become superseded by new features, which you must always be on the lookout for.

If you mean complex updateable views, yes they can be useful. I've used them as a layer between a somewhat OO-Generated applcation and the ER of the database. It provided a nice split and did not require us to:

a) drop the case tool being used
b) mangle the real db schema in order to support the generated code
c) do massive amounts of coding in the "external" middle-tier

Thor HW

Russell Davis <deep_structures_playground_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:7tt5mn$7sn$1_at_bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net...
> Can anyone tell me why updateable views are a desirable feature in
Oracle8?